Booties to Match Quickie ("5-hour") Baby Sweater
Baby Booties to Match Quickie Sweater
Materials: Size 10-1/2 [Ed. note: 6.5 mm]knitting needles, 4-ply (worsted weight) yarn [Ed. note: 55-75 yd/oz, 180-240 m/100g]
- Cast on 22 stitches, work K1, p1 for 3 rows to form ribbing.
- Row 4: Knit
- Row 5: Purl
- Row 6: (Pattern) K1, *k2tog across row to last st. *, K1.
- Row 7: K1, pick up stitch between and below next st, continue
until last 2 sts, K2.
- Row 8: Knit
- Row 9: Purl
- Row 10: Same as row 6.
- Row 11: Same as row 7 (this pattern row is later used to run
ch thru for ties)
- Begin instep: Knit 7 sts, place on holder, K8 and place remaining
7 sts on another holder. (22 sts)
- Work the 8 sts of instep in P1 row, K1 row for 10 rows.
- Break yarn off at end of 10 rows. End with knit row and place the 8
sts on holder also.
- Pick up 7 sts on holder plus 5 sts along side of instep, 8 sts
at end of instep, 5 sts along other side of instep and remaining 7 sts
on the other holder.
- Work these 32 sts for six rows in a K1 row, P1 row, on 7th row bind
- Sew up bottom and back of bootie.
- Crochet a single chain to use as a tie for the booties, one for each.
- Pom Poms can be added to the end of the ties.
URL of this page: http://www.fibergypsy.com/patterns/booties.shtml
Copyright 1998 - 2009 The Fiber Gypsy (except as otherwise noted) ·
info (at) fibergypsy (dot) com
This page last modified: Saturday, October 24, 2009
Using the information you find here: Please feel free to link directly to this page and to use any of the information you find here in your own personal fiber pursuits, but do honor all copyright notices as posted. All information contained in the pages maintained on the FiberLink server is copyrighted and may be used and shared freely in any form provided no profit is made from its distribution and provided FiberLink and The Fiber Gypsy are cited as the source of this information.